Friday, September 01, 2006

Just Thoughts on LOVE

I wish that I could have stayed out there at the beach forever but it started to get dark and right at dusk on the beach but the night bugs started to come out. I had I been thinking I would have brought the citronella. Oh, well as you can see from the pictures, I enjoyed it for what it was.

The day has been pretty uneventful but nevertheless filled with thoughts.

How do you know when you have found the ONE? That really keeps popping up in my head. Granted I am all about expanding the horizon of possibilities, I wonder if I will ever know. Even deeper than that, I know without a shadow of a doubt -- that the answer to this question today, will not be the truth that holds for tomorrow.

See right now more than anything, I know that who ever I choose to be with has to choose me as well for us to be equally yoked. Even better than that, can I deal with waking up every morning looking over and regardless of what – still feeling love? See what many miss out on is that caring friendships are more important to employ before emotional relationships. That means that if something ever happens to the romantic part of the relationship there is still something to sustain the two of you. Often when dating, I have a litmus test that I use to help with knowing a person. I ask, “Were you in love with the person in your last relationship”? Then the follow up is, “Do you still love that person”? Now the answers are where it gets interesting. If the response is, “I was in love but I don’t love him anymore”, it sends up a red flag. Love is an emotion that doesn’t end with the demise of an erotic relationship. If you once love someone truly, you will love them forever. Does this mean that you’ll be in love forever? Of course not!

I think that if more people could wrap their minds around the true meaning and concept of love relationships on the most part would avoid the perils that they face. One day I’ma put you down on my definition of the word but that is an entire blog unto itself. This is one of several poems I wrote while hanging out on the shore. What you think?




Untitled

As I walk on sacred sand
Pieces of a dreams make their way between my toes
Creatures scurry about for food and fun, there is a purpose for all.
Each empty vessel that litters the shore has a story to tell
I will be the scribe to pull forth the nuances of separation
In foresight, now is then so past meets future in a continuum of theory
An Amuse Bouche of words before awaken the palate
Flavor Supreme!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, your blog is REALLY coming along! Congratulations!

You have great thoughts on the topic of LOVE.

Also, you look like you had a great time at the beach... Very fun pics.

fuzzy said...

Hmmm, I tend to keep on caring about an individual after the "in-love" state has passed. I dont have many ex's but have had a few relationships where I developed feelings for the other and the relationship ended for whatever reason. I DO try to stay in contact with them, afterall I knew them as a person before I became romantically involved with them.

The "in-love" and "love" states are very different. Some know the difference and others just have no clue! Thats where the mixup comes into play where people lack the knowledge.

That Dude Right There said...

That litmus test is one that I have often used. If a person has loved and still loves someone,then the have the capacity to love you also.