Monday, September 11, 2006

We Remember

It is hard to believe that it has been five years since the attacks on September 11, 2001. I can remember all that went on like it was yesterday. Like most people around the world I was glued to my television screen wondering what was next. I knew full well that no matter what happened the world would never be the same again.

As I sat there watching, I knew the images would remain with me forever. The most haunting were the people jumping from the World Trade Center towers in New York. I watched them and wondered what was going through their minds as they jumped. Then the ultimate question came to me. What do you do when you are faced with death and death?

I thought about it. I pondered it. I mulled it. Then I had to write about it. I remember sitting there in front of my computer determined to get “this thing” out of me by writing it down. At that point, I don’t remember much more. Literally, I sat in front of my computer for about an hour and a half and just cried. I cried and wrote and wrote and cried. When I came to my senses, I had composed an epicesque poem – Journey Toward Peace. I would share it here but it is more of a performance piece (I am working on a short film based on the character).

When I actually was able to compose myself and read the work, I knew that I had not written this thing. I knew that God had allowed one of the people that made that journey toward peace to speak through me. It was a story that needed to be told and it was from a perspective that provided a unique vantage.

I remember that day. It was obviously a chance for me to leave reality and allow myself to be used as a vessel.

Completing this film project, I hope will bring some closure and healing for those that were personally affected. It could have easily been any of us there in those places. Still today we never know what the future holds.

We remember those that made the journey. With love, we remember. . . .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

fuzzy said...

Will you be posting this film project? I'd like to see it very much. 9/11 caused so much hurt to everyone, nationwide! While I don't have much grief, I'm sure it will greatly help somebody else.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I like the tone of the page, it gives way to real thought... are you able to put soft music in the background?