Friday, September 15, 2006

Today

The last few days have been eventful to say the least – travel and work have taken up most of the time.

This week I just signed the contract to officially co-star in a new film project. I am at a point in my life that I really am not into taking roles that don’t challenge me. I think that it is important right now for me to take roles that speak to me. Sometimes people take roles just to work but I want to be much more than that. However, getting the role is not the interesting part.

Several months ago while I was at the American Black Film Festival down in Miami for the Actors Boot Camp(click HERE to see the blog), I met some really cool people who ended up being like family. In fact there were a few who decided to do our own thing after class for a more intense session. One of those people was Diva K. Diva K is very kind, sweet and extremely talented. We exchanged numbers and managed to keep in contact since that time. Well it just so happened that Diva K and I happened to be talking and found out that we were cast for the same film. She and I work so well together. The only thing that we could say was look at GOD! There was a reason we met at the workshop and kept in touch. It was all a divine plan coming into fruition.

So after talking to my girl and saying that we couldn’t wait to work together, I knew that “it” was starting to happen. The future was unfolding.

So, I had to go hit up Target for a few things! I actually went for one thing and spent a few hundred dollars – don’t ask!

All in all today was cool, I’m rushing out to check out a friend and author, launch his new work. It is a play called Notes from the Bottlenut Tree. I’ll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

fuzzy said...

I clicked and... nothing! lol

Thats alot of money to be spending at one time! But it is interesting to see things come together that you had no idea would be assembled in such ways as they have.

jali said...

I'm happy for you Bruh! Congrats and love on the contract.