Thursday, August 31, 2006

Amazing You

Just taking a quick minute to post. It has been a few days and I have some photos that need to go up but give me a sec.

I just finished doing a shoot today that was supposed to last for a few days but we were able to knock out everything today. So I am taking the much needed time away to chill.

In fact right now, I am relaxing at beautiful Ponte Vedra Beach - and posting. Ain't technology grand!? I know that I will have some hot poetry when I leave here. You know Hurricane Ernesto just passed this way so it is really calm and beautiful out. You never know though -- the next big storm maybe just around the corner.

I back with more later but for now -- let me reminisce on Amazing You . . .

Light . . .




amazing you
for you


you
don’t understand how you amaze me
but your musings are frought with mediocrity and you just don’t want to grow
the complexity of loving your spirit and loathing your drive delivers me to hysteria
we converse for hours
and you excite the power within
but content with being who you are and where you stand
you remain steadfast.
for me – my drive propels me into making possibility from the impossible
i can’t be content with the mundane
striving for the best, i will be the best
and when the paradigm shifts, i will evolve.
but stoically you hold steadfast to your convictions.
you want only enough to sustain you for the moment
and what life serves, you eat
sans herb or spice
neglecting to see the possibility of today’s action on tomorrows result
even though what you seek is not my path, you amaze me
i’ve tried to break free of your hold thinking your ways would rub off on me
but from what i can see, you are who you are and i must be me
in the midst we meet and music is created
in cleft defying chords, sharps and flats combine in beauty
i don’t understand you
won’t try to change you
you – the one who amazes me!

2 comments:

courtney said...

well damn...that was a nice read.....really had me thinking about some things....*snaps* Hope your shoot went well...

courtney said...

PS. Nice website. :)