Thursday, September 07, 2006

SOULSPIRATION

Again time is flying by so quickly but you know what I am blessed to have it fly by on this plane.

First, Soulspiration was mad hot. I have been meaning to post the pictures for some time so here they are. Soulspiration is a quarterly event that serves to inspire the soul. It is an event that includes live bands, poetry neo-soul a fashion show and just positive vibes. It is the brainchild of Jason Pearson and I was glad to have helped host the event.

Networking, great drinks and good food added some fire to the furnace.

You can see from the pictures, some of everyone was there. One of my boyz even was creating some performance visual art during the evening. There were vibes galore. Shouts out to Mr. Al Pete, Bella, Cherub S., Mincey, Jen, Ari, The Cool Crew, PeDro, Prada, D. White, The Twinz, Javan (Man you can make some clothes), Lady G, Tonya Smart, Rayn, Maylee, The House of Zodiac and everybody who came out to make the event hottt! Thanks to club Endo Exo for giving up the venue and Rook you are the man.

And let me tell about a wonderfully random experience last week. I was set and hype to attend a poetry reading and cipher set in 5 Points. All of the hot poets were supposed to be there and I got a bug in my butt to spit that night. Plus Tonya Smart is mad fine and I would get a chance to see her. So I get to the Whalebone Grill and I am told that it was a mistake since this was the fifth Wednesday – so there would be no session. Well something convinced me to hang around for a while and being the eclectic area that Five Points is I was directed to the small park just across the street. I was told that all the poets had gathered there and decided to spit out doors in front of the water fall.

I hurried over giddy with excitement and was pleasantly surprised and satisfied. They were there doing their thing outdoors in the dark and bringing some serious fire! I ran in to my girl Nubia while I was there and bought Mr. Al Pete’s Mix CD. I am so proud of him, I remember him from the band in High School.

This is what life is supposed to be about. Good times, positive vibes, good people and great experiences. It makes the expectations of the future bearable.

1 comment:

fuzzy said...

Sounds and looks as if you had a great time there...