Monday, September 25, 2006

Autumnal Equinox

Saturday evening was the Autumnal Equinox. This marks the official end to the summer season.

In many ways I will miss this summer but as always look forward to the future. Now is the time to look forward to the cloak of fall and winter. Time to dismiss yesteryear and prepare my cocoon of retreat. Time to hibernate and take must needed rest to prepare for the constant journey. Time to embrace the flame and emerge unscathed as the phoenix of tomorrow.

As I look back on the summer here’s just a few things I have learned:

· Two Urban Licks- the food was good but the company was even better
· The death of my uncle – I met a new sister at his funeral; damn she’s already begging for money
· Atlanta – Metro PCS is off the chain
· The Urban League Conference has lost its luster, or did I just grow up
· It’s OK to have a memory box – yea I am a real MAN and I got one --- SO!
· 30 ain’t so bad after all – I still look good don’t I? Don’t I? Answer me???
· I think I can fall in love with Connecticut
· You mean another class reunion is on the way, we just had the last one!
· It’s almost time for a new computer
· A Mercedes Benz E500 is not a practical vehicle – but it is great to look at!
· Really, I care less what YOU think about ME . . . REALLY
· I miss my grandmamma (she died last year)
· 30 is the new 20 and when I get 40 . . . 40 will be the new 30!
· I still love Law and Order in any form
· You can never forget your first love . . . ever
· You never know where you will find a friend – just be open and available
· I knew this one but it is always reaffirmed – GOD LOVES ME

I am thankful for the me that I was and I am glad that I am The Me That I Am. Fall is allowing me to be and grow. I look forward to all that it is and is not. I at look at the past and am thankful that it is just that . . . the past!

I am headed off to the set to shoot a short film project. As usual there are always stories on set. Stay tuned for the 411!

Light!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, summer is over, but I didn't do anything but work.

NegroPino™ said...

DId u at least get to enjoy it? WEll heres to fall....

K Kaos said...

Summer is never over, it just gets colder.

Darius T. Williams said...

Yea man..summer is over! Isn't that something...and um, 30 - no, it's the same ol' 30. LOL

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

That Dude Right There said...

Summer can go. I love winter anyway. The clothes are more fashionable (as though I am really into fashion).

But I am confused. Do you live in Florida or Georgia?

fuzzy said...

Everyday is a learning process. but Glad you recognize that you are growing. I want it to be spring already! can we skip the fall and winter head straight to the spring?

sigh...

N4R said...

Hey man just know that you are blessed and great thing will continue to happen to you.

Anonymous said...

The summer was good but the fall and winter there is always something interesting and new. Life is waht we make it but time waits for no one. Im just thankful to see it.