Monday, August 14, 2006

DJ Icey In Da Ville



It has been a minute since I have blogged but I have some very interesting insights on life coming up so make sure to stop by later to see what’s up. I had the chance to host a party at Plush on Friday night. It's the place to be in Jacksonville.

The event featured DJ Icey one of the hottest Dance and Electronica DJ’s on the scene. Although, I am usually into more hip-hop and down tempo stuff – the boy was hot. Fresh off of his European Tour – he came with a vengeance. His beats were off the chain and as most DJ’s do his stuff was laced with hip-hop and R&B. Kanye was all over the mixes. I wondered -- was this guy working for ROC (as I flash the Dynasty Sign)!

Seriously though, he kept the crowd moving all night and almost 900 people came together in complete harmony. Like I said, it’s not MY music but I did my thing on the floor and the vibe was on point. Check the pics up top.

Although for the rest of the weekend, I chilled at home, things were not a bust – I downloaded some music and did the DVD thing. You gotta stay tuned for my insights on both The Lost Episodes of Chapelle’s Show and Noah’s Arc Season 1. I'm sure that we'll have a lot to discuss.

Until then . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Electronica music is all they listen to over here in the UK. It sucks major ass. Glad you had fun though...you needed it. At least you didn't end up at some cheesy Westside hotel (inside joke.) LOL...i got jokes for days, Rock!