Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Return of John Legend



Are we loving us some John Legend or what? He’s back and back with a vengeance. Only a few days ago, John Legend released his first single from his upcoming LP, this title track is called Save Room and it defiantly gives modern retro-activity. I had to immediately hit up I-Tunes for this new classic.

The lyrics are very forward and fresh but the music and sound gives reverence to the 1960’s sound of groups like the Monkeys or the Beatles. Though Andre 3000 took us there with Hey Ya a few years ago, Save Room uses move of a smooth laid back style to convey love. Even the touch of an organ/electric piano shows the masses that John Legend is here to stay.

My guilty pleasure when I find a track that I’m really feeling, is to play it over and over again until I know the lyrics. This is usually why friends don’t like to ride with me when I find a new song. It’s just my habit in tribute to great music. This is one of those tracks for me.

These powerful lyrics remind me to never give up on love and that personally, I have to save some room for the possibilities of what might exist. I won’t say that I have been entirely blocking out love but I have put other things into my life to take up the space. I guess that this means I can still keep doing what I feel but I have to save room for love because it comes along when you least expect it and often there is no time to prepare. I guess the most key line is that LOVE HURTS SOMETIME WHEN YOU DO IT RIGHT. Seriously, the entire song is full of great lines that make this joint hotter than fire.

Here check the lyrics for yourself. And yo, Save Room for the whole CD, I am sure that it will be a keeper.

(Click on the Play Icon Below to Hear Save Room by John Legend)




Save Room
Written and Composed by: John Legend

Say that you stay a little
Don't say bye bye tonight
Say you'll be mine
just a little of bit of love,

Is worth a moment of your time knocking on your door just a little
so cold outside tonight
let's get the fire burning
Oh I know, I keep it burning right

If you stay, won't you stay - stay
save room for my love
save room for a moment to be with me
save room for my love save a little save a little for me
won't you save a little
save a little for me - ohh

This just might hurt a little
love hurts sometimes when you do it right
Don't be afraid of a little bit of pain pleasure is on the other side
Let down your guard just a little
I’ll keep you safe in these arms of mine
Hold on to me - pretty baby
You will see I can be all you need

If you stay, won't you stay - stay save room for my love
save room for a moment to be with me
save room for my love save a little save a little for me
won't you save a little
save a little for me - ohh

[pa-ya-pa-pa] - [pa-ya-pa-pa] - [pa-ya-pa-pa] - [da-da-da]

Ohhh come on Make time to live a little
don't let this moment slip by tonight
you never know what you are missing until you try
I keep you satisfiedif you stay, won't you stay - stay save room for my love

save room for a moment to be with me
save room for my love save a little save a little for me
won't you save a little
save a little for me - ohh save room for love
save room for a moment to be with me
save a little, save a little for mewon't you save a little
save a little for me

2 comments:

Stone said...

I am with you on that. I am loving some John Legend when he was John Stevens. Either way he is of teh chain talented

N4R said...

I love me some John Legend. Great artist. This track is hot too. A friend of mine sent it to me. Great music for real.