Saturday, August 26, 2006

No Luck For LeToya Luckett



Ok, the days have been flying by like crazy. I made a commitment to blog everyday but the days go so quickly and so much happens that it is hard to get to it sometimes but I am doing my best. I’ma be on it like Kryptonite.

Well besides being an actor, I am a marketing and promotions consultant. You know as well as I do that movies and gigs don’t just “happen” everyday. So in between time I gotta keep food on the table. I am usually throwing different parties for corporate clients so you will see some of the events from time to time.

Today started off very interesting as someone mistakenly placed my home phone number as the contact number for one of the events. After about the tenth phone call I knew that something was up. Come to find out that my number was posted on the internet and MySpace. Now hold it down and don’t go looking for the number on there! But anyway, I changed the voicemail and moved on. There was nothing that I could do.

Well this night was supposed to be all about Letoya Luckett. You remember her? She was the old member of Destiny’s Child that Beyonce’s father pretty much kicked out of the group. I was really rooting for her as the underdog until the show.



During the night the guys from H-Town stopped by to give some support for one of their homies from Houston. H-Town was the group on Luke Records back in the early 90’s that sang Knockin’ Boots and Emotions. If you remember, the group was G.I., Shazzam and Dino. Shazzam and Dino were the twins. About three years ago Dino and his girlfriend was killed in a car accident. The group however has continued on and is ready to hit the charts again. I must say that the fellaz were real personable and spent time with people all over the club. A true class act.

It’s a shame that I can’t say the same for LeToya. I mean first she sent out a couple of dancers that were at best OK. She then came out at about 12:30am and sang only two songs – TWO. Now maybe this was her agreement with the venue, so I was pretty cool about that part but here is where it starts to get interesting. First, she had about 10 people in her entourage. This includes body guards. Now granted the turn out at the venue was not that great but after her performance, she rushed out of the club as if she was Beyonce’ or someone. In fact she rushed out to her Limo Bus and wouldn’t get off to take pictures or autographs for anyone. Including ME and I was the one bringing the money there for the show. I was extremely disappointed with her and her performance to say the least.

I know that I would not be anywhere if someone wasn’t watching me perform. So after shows (when on stage) or if I see some one who stops me in on the street – it takes a quick moment to say hello or take a picture. Had it been me and I was trying to make my record jump, I would have spoken to every person in that club. Seriously. I mean because of the weather and everything the crowd was really small so it would have been nothing just to take a few minutes to mingle. Just those few minutes could have been the deciding factor. And believe me the LP is aright but the sales could use the help.

Nevertheless, I saw my boy Amp Webster from High School. He opened the show and later we hung out with a few J-ville hotties.

Lesson for today: Sometimes looks can be deceiving! Take that for what its worth.

1 comment:

N4R said...

Okay now she is dubbed LaToya Fuckett!!! LOL