Sunday, August 20, 2006

NEED

I needed you to need me for just a moment
Needy as could be the need to be needed was overwhelming
I needed to know that I was cool being at the place where I was
And that validation could only come from you

Like walking through bramble thickets with no shoes,
The need scarred me
The need scared me
The need consumed me --
The need to be needed

Those places that warranted frequent visits
Evoked chastity in my soul
I had to keep me from thee
But the greed of need and the feeling it brought
Turned my imagination, into possibility
And my focus to tangibility
For then it became life

Like debating an adversary with no wits
The need abused me
The need abhorred me
The need contained me --
The need to be needed

Extended into oblivion I roamed the nuances of infatuation
Of my-self, of you, of the perceived need
Just the thought of being thought of
Makes the fond recollection of a warm feeling, my goal
I reach the image and extend my hand – sensing a need
Hand retracted mist coiling about – no need
No individual – no need

Like loving with all my heart and falling on a dagger
The need was there
The need was strong
The need had yet to be fulfilled --
The need to be needed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Nice son. Who are you talking about?!?!