Sunday, October 15, 2006

Looking for the King of Scotland

Okay so here is, I have a love hate relationship with my city. I spent most of the day looking forward to going to the movies tonight. I worked out at the gym, ate right and made sure that everything was on point so that I could go check out a movie.

When I went to fandango.com to buy my tickets, it (my movie) wasn’t there.

So I had to ask myself, was it my city or was it the movie? I wanted to see was The Last King of Scotland, about Ugandan Dictator Idi Amin starring Forest Whitaker. I'm hearing that this movie is already getting some Oscar buzz so I was really looking forward to putting my two cents in. We'll obviously that didn't work out.


That's why I spend so much time on the road. I like to be able to bask in culture at all levels. Sometimes living here makes me think I am not in the real world. But then again I love this place it's a place away from the rat race that is the “real-world”. I guess because I'm a Gemini the dichotomy of a place like Jacksonville is attractive to me.

Since I had planned to go to the movies tonight, I'm not quite sure what I'll do yet. Maybe The Grudge 2? Maybe Jackass 2? I know I want to see Man of the Year but I wasn't planning on seeing it tonight. By the way is it just me or does Robin Williams really need some Prozac – but I digress.

Even though for me last night was one of those "I need a Mary J. Blige song" days, today has been pretty uneventful. You know what I might just have to settle for old trusty Law & Order. It's always there when you need it.

6 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Ha...I can understand your issue. If you don't already have it...try TiVo or DVR - they're great substitutes for days when what's playing at the theater isn't going to move a ship.

Either that or go to Wal-Mart and pick up a DVD. If I was there, we'd have found something!

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

Mahogany Misfit said...

Jackass 2 is probably full of disgusting tomfoolery and shenanigans, I'd go with The Grudge 2 but that's probably gonna suck.

We're lacking interesting movies right now if you ask me.

lj said...

I felt the same way when I lived in MS. i won't be contributing any money to jackAss 2.

Anonymous said...

I hope you found one you liked. I recommend GridIron Gang.

Anonymous said...

I bet he'd like the Gridiron Gang, chile!

Elle Jefe said...

I want to see The Last King of Scotland too. There is only one theater in all of Milwaukee that is showing this movie! If you happen to catch it soon you will have to post your thoughts on it.