Sunday, July 08, 2007

"The Secret" Cures Cancer / 7-7-7 PERFECTION!

I am sitting here chillin with John Coltrane and a cup of tea enjoying Philadelphia with a definite story to tell. I was on an airplane this morning and just finished reading the Pearl Cleage novel Babylon Sisters. After her poem "We Speak Your Names" and of course "Flyin' West" (a great play), I have become a huge Pearl Cleage fan. My thoughts on the book will probably be reserved for tomorrow.

There is a lot going on here tonight. I am sponsoring a concert with Fat Joe, Terror Squad and Tony Sunshine. A lot of Reggaeton and all the Latin Fellaz and Females will make Club Shampoo LIVE. I must get ready for an eventful day but I felt obliged to share this.

About two weeks ago I was in a small neighborhood bar in Philadelphia. As a part of handing marketing, often I go out to solicit feedback from consumers and just "buy the bar". For those that don't know the speak, that means that I buy drinks for those people in the club hanging out as a courtesy for their time during our engagement process. During this night I met a lady who was pretty blasted. Of course being the guy that I am I engaged her in conversation. We talked for a few moments and we immediately became comfortable with each other.

One thing led to another and she told me that the reason that she was there drinking was that she had just been to the doctor that day and he told her the cancer was back.

"I am just getting over breast cancer and chemotherapy", she said sadly. I was wondering how she could be sad when she beat cancer.

"See these tits?", she questioned.

"They aren't real".

When we finished talking I learned that she was a survivor of about a year and a half and that she had a double mastectomy. Her new breasts looked amazing. And that she was the mother of a beautiful young adult daughter. I felt like we had a connection and that we had known each other for years.

"The reason I'm getting drunk tonight, is because the doctor told me earlier today that the cancer was back".

Now I am not usually one for the self-help mumbo jumbo but if you know me you know I read the bible constantly and truly believe in "The Secret". The Secret is a book and DVD by Rhonda Byrne. It is something I have lived my life by for as far back as I can remember. It simply puts into words – The Law of Attraction. SO YOU THINK . . . SO IT IS!

Knowing this concept and with my faith in God I began to tell the lady that she was not convicted by the sentence that doctor had given her. If she thought properly and changed her way of thinking then she could indeed beat this thing. Having been much worse off than she, I know the power of prayer and belief.

As I told her about it she kept insisting that she had felt the knot of cancer in her chest and tried to get me to put my hand there. "NO!", I told her immediately. I couldn't touch what was not there! I urged her during our brief talk to just say with me, "THERE IS NO CANCER". She kept telling me there was and trying to get me to touch it but eventually, I broke though.

"OH, there IS no cancer"!

She finally got it and her friends gathered around and in a bar in the middle of the night we lifted a prayer for her continued healing. I know it seems strange praying with drunk people in a club – but you never know where God will do his thing.

Stunna was there with me and by the time that we left everyone in the club was chanting, "There is no cancer!"I made her promise me that every day at least seven times a day she would remind herself aloud that there was no cancer.

Well the kicker to the story is that "she" sent me an email to say that when she went to the doctor yesterday to make a decision on her options, there was no decision to be made. The lump was gone! That's' right the email said that there was no explanation, the lump was gone and she was cancer free!

It was fitting that I got this news on 7-7-7! Today is a day of completion and I believe that there was a reason that I was able to help this lady begin her journey to healing. In the most basic level, through helping her I helped myself.

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

Boy - if there was a Hammond B3 organ in here and a set of drums, I'd do a victory lap around my office!!!