Thursday, June 19, 2008

Do The Signs Really Work? Well Zodiac That Is . . .



Granted I am not a relationship expert and being as though I am not in one I shouldn’t have any comment. But in some stroke of luck I always manage to give relationship advice that works. Go figure!

The other day a friend and I were talking about Zodiac Signs and how that if people spend time looking at their signs, maybe they could come up with some type of indicator of compatibility in relationships. Now I am not a zodiac fiend but I do take a look at the scopes from time to time and in dating have taken a look at how compatible I’d be with this one or that one.

So I took a glance at his book and I was taken aback. He was telling me about looking at a specific page about the relationship with his current girlfriend. I almost dropped the book! The passage described their relationship in great detail. I was confused and slightly intrigued.

Recently, I met someone who happens to be a Scorpio. I am a Gemini. Of course based on the fact that we are (from what I thought) diametrically opposed. I said to myself let me enjoy the moment and get to moving. Then I thought, “I am not in consciousness. I have already ended this thing and moved along before it even got started”. So I choose to do just that to deal with what was in front of me for the moment.

What I had not understood in the past was that there will be some good and some bad. There will be some great loves and dramatic hurts but until you are fully committed then it is impossible to learn the lessons that the universe is here to teach. We spend so much time worrying about what will happen in the future and what could come that we don’t do what we can to take advantage of what is in front of us right now.

I let preconception go. Instead of following zodiac signs, I followed THE SIGNS. I enjoyed the opportunity and I can’t say anything particularly spectacular happened but because I was there in the moment what was supposed to happen did. As in life, I am available to learn the lessons.

Ever notice that sometimes when you are dating or in a relationship that you end up again in the same type of situation that you swore you’d never be in again? You think, “how in the hell did I get HERE again”? The answer is simple. Because you didn’t fully commit and learn that lesson, you have to repeat the level again. Often it’s more painful each time you take the journey no matter how different the skirt or pair of pants.

Here and now, I choose to be open and available. I will experience the hurt and the joy and though it all I know, “this too shall pass”. Does this mean that I won’t look at the horoscopes and see what may come from that new opportunity? Nope. I will always sneak a peek. I know what happens is more a result of my reactions. More firmly, history (or the stars) cannot control my destiny.

4 comments:

fuzzy said...

I never got much out of the zodiac signs, mostly because I feel that there is much that belongs to my sign that does not belong to me! There lies the discrepancy. I would like to encourage you to look into numerology. It is more specific and is way more accurate from my perspective. Try that out! It shocked my mind, it may do the same for you...

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

I do get what you ar saying. I have heard of some people, who will cut of any chances with someone, because they hear what sign they are, and immediately say, oh well are signs aren't compatible, no need in wasting our time. I truly don't think you should let zodiac signs dictate your life, but to each is own.

As to what you were saying about people getting in to the same type of bad or some how not right relationship, I think you are so on point. We truly don't learn from our past mistakes. I always say that. It's not the people you get invlove with, its you. Until you cahnge yourself, you will continue to attract the same people and same relationships.

It's something that I have to learn myself. I can speak, but I haven't exactly learn to practice what I preach!

Xem VanAdams said...

The Zodiac Signs are SCARY, for they have the ability to be sooo accurate and On-Point. I am an Aquarias, and My X-Boyfriend is a Gemini. One day, we were at an Amusement Park, and decided to match our signs inside of the Arcade. Oh Em Gee!

Reading the Print Out was almost like reading one of My Journal Entries. The accuracy of the relationship Profile was ASTONISHING. I could NOT Believe it. SERIOUSLY.

GI said...

Very interesting post. I do look to the zodiac signs to an extent but not too heavy into it like some people. There is a lot about my sign that is very much true to me. How do I explain that coincidence? I don't know..lol

I also agree with the living in the moment. I have experienced some of the most joyful times while "in the moment". It can be a beautiful thing and definitely a learning experience.