Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Strangers - Passing Love

Yesterday, I went to the movies and I finally saw The Strangers. Although it was good and suspenseful, I really didn’t get it. I thought it was supposed to be really scary so of course I decided to go during the day.

WHY?

It definitely wasn’t as terrifying as I thought that it would be. I suppose if maybe I knew why there was so much killing going on, it would help. But I guess that’s what added to the mystique of the movie.

Anyway, I am so grateful to A New Earth and the things that I have learned they have really kept me afloat and understanding the purpose of NOW. However, the thoughts that are in my head never disappear. That’s cool. It’s just that now I can identify them as just that, THOUGHTS. They don’t control me they don’t sustain me but they are truly interesting. So I still see the thoughts and will write about the thoughts as they are. I will even experience the emotions connected to the thoughts. However, I can always hold to the truth that regardless of what happens good or bad, this too shall pass!

I know that one of the topics that most people write about are relationships and how and the lack of understanding about their evolution. Truly at the center of many of those issues is SEX. You know one of my girls started me watching Sex in the City and the premise of it became so very interesting. I almost though of starting another blog simply called SEX: A Man’s Code Word for Relationship! HA HA! Wonder who would have read that one.

Anyway, right now I am dealing with somewhat of a relationship/intimacy issue. I am “there” (meaning in the moment) and I know that this will pass but part of me doesn’t want it to. I think I really realize that the ego more and more just wants to have and needs attention. It may inflate or deflate itself on a regular basis just so that it can be in the center of what is going on. It’s my job no matter how painful to experience this expression of the universe and know that it is only temporary. Damn, you know it’s hard when it hurts but I’m a trooper.

Maybe I’ll take time and hash out this issue. Maybe in my gratitude journal. Or just maybe just for a moment I can just BE! Humm now there’s a novel thought.

Have you ever thought that you weren’t destined for love? I have often said that there were those like Dr. King and Malcolm X who’s life did not belong to them or their families but to the world. Maybe in that even though they had families they were supposed to focused on their purpose for being here. Just a thought. You know I still feel that I have a lot to give to the world and to love. It just will happen when it does!

1 comment:

Xem VanAdams said...

I am LOVING every Piece of this Post. Sometimes, as I reflect on the FACT that in my life, ALL of my close friends are now Married, Engaged and/or having Children, as I have recently moved to Los Angeles to pursue my writing career, that MAYBE...just MAYBE, Im NOT meant to have another Long-Term, Intimate relationship. Ive been SINGLE for the past THREE Years, and it ALWAYS hits Me like a Mountain Rock, slowly Moving, when someone asks, 'XEM...Why dont you have a Boyfriend?'

For Me, I suppose, Ive chosen My Career Goals and Immediate Dreams, BEFORE the Romanticism and Passion that filled My Life between 2001 and 2005 when I did have a Boyfriend. For me, the Intimacy of my life, is when Im sitting on my bed, sipping a cup of Green Tea, and Peaceful in knowing that Im One Step Closer to fulfilling an Ultimate Destiny; NOT having to Xplain to a Dude, WHY I simply Want to Stay Home, ALONE tonight, and not have him come over. U Know...?

Its How I am...Simply.

Thanx for the Post. I REALLY Enjoyed it.