Thursday, January 03, 2008

Welcome to 2008

My Friends,
Again, though it seems far too soon, another year has come! Happy 2008! I trust that this New Year finds you healthy, happy, blessed, prosperous and full of perpetual optimism for the year to come. As most know, I choose to greet my family and friends with a letter heralding the New Year. This is my annual tradition and a way to rise above the usual holiday shuffle. I encourage you to use this as inspiration for you to create your own traditions unique to your family, which can be your legacy.

2007 has been a year of transition, discovery and understanding. I am reminded of the quote that says: “ As a child, I knew it all. The older I became, the less I found out I knew. In my old age, I found out how ignorant I was.” I see the truth of that quote ever so clearly as time progresses.

On a personal level, I really miss those that have passed on. It has been almost three years since my grandmother and there have been many others they left me with great pearls of wisdom. My mother makes educating youth more than a career and looks forward to some new and innovative projects in 2008. We are also thankful for stellar health throughout the family! I have worked to devote time to the goals of my fraternity Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc., The Screen Actors Guild and campaigning for my Presidential pick, U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham- Clinton (D-NY).

Professionally, I continued the year working in Marketing and Promotions in the Northeast. I was also able to complete production on Queen of Media: The Wendy Williams Story, Incorporated – The Story of the Philadelphia Black Mafia and Starting Fresh – a series about getting a job that is one of the hottest selling educational series on the market and is nominated for a Telly© Award! I am looking forward to many acting, producing and theatre opportunities this year. I am also looking forward to the new and improved rahmanjohnson.com which will debut in February!

2008 represents a Realization of Potential! You know one of the wealthiest places on Earth is not Ft. Knox or a Federal Reserve Bank – it is the cemetery. This is because of all of the dreams and potential that died with those who didn’t tempt fate and pursue their dreams. You see Denzel Washington though great is not the greatest actor of our time. Somewhere in some cemetery is a performance that was never seen that was the greatest in the world. Let your light shine and realize the potential that lies within!

May you and your family experience the most heartfelt blessings of a New Year filled with Peace, Harmony, Prosperity, Health and Love! Inside of us lies the undaunted power to create positive change in the world – USE IT! Remember doing a common thing in an uncommon way sets you apart. Happy New Year! With warm personal regards, I remain

Forever,

Rahman


2 comments:

fuzzy said...

I'll always accept blessings and positivity! Thank you and it is reciprocated to you and your's!

Darius T. Williams said...

So yea, happy new year to you!