Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hillary Clinton: That's My Girl








So this week has been eventful. I know the Designer has a show this week that will be off the hook and it is getting colder by the moment here.

I am not going to make this blog too political but as you can see the Presidential Race is heating up and I plan to be right in the middle. One of my frat actually works for the Clinton Campaign and I am so happy that he is making things happen.

You know recently John Kerry endorsed Senator Obama. With all of the help that President and Senator Clinton gave him I was a little taken aback. Here is the letter I sent to Senator Kerry. I really hope he truly gets the message.

P.S. – I am still salty about getting broken up with via email but I am getting over it. UUGGHH!! Thought for the day: “ To get a piece of the pie, we need to sit on all sides of the table”.

Dear Senator Kerry,

I was very disappointed earlier today when I heard that you had endorsed Senator Obama for the Democratic Presidential Nomination.

Having supported you in both bids for the senate in your home state and your bid for the presidency, I felt very in tune with your political views. However, I feel that your endorsement of the senator is at best misguided.

In your remarks about the endorsement of the Senator you referenced Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s words “now it is the time to do what is right”. The right thing to do at this time would have been to support Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s quest for the Oval Office. I know that an individual’s years on Earth has no comparison to great judgment and intuition but I believe that Senator Clinton is the most qualified candidate in both areas.

As an African-American man, former elected official and life-long Democrat – I have more than once been quizzed about my staunch support for Senator Clinton but as you were quoted as saying earlier NOW IS THE TIME.

America is the only first world country to have never had a woman leader. In over two hundred and thirty years of existence – it is odd to see that a woman has never been in leadership positions in this country. Look at the record. Very few female Supreme Court Justices and never a female Chief Justice; never a woman as chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, never a woman as Majority Leader of the Senate and only recently Speaker of the House and finally never a woman in the White House. However, now in 2008 we are presented with one of the most dynamic yet polarizing leaders that this country has ever seen. We see Hillary Clinton. Here is lady who is educated, eloquent, poised, intelligent and tenacious enough to handle all of the challenges that sit before her. An individual who when challenged with being a First Lady who was active in developing policy and didn’t shirk from the challenge. An individual who can and will show all of our daughters and sons that in America . . . ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

I appreciate you taking the time to read this email and I hope that when Senator Clinton becomes the Democratic Nominee, that you and others who have chosen not to support her candidacy will work to ensure that our country is blessed with competent Democratic Leadership.

Again, thank you for your continued service. With warm regards, I am
Sincerely,

Rahman K. Johnson

1 comment:

Corey Keith said...

What a great blog! Thanks so much for stopping by! This will be a constant stop for me in the blogosphere.