Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love To You: Happy Valentine’s Day

I can’t tell you how many friends have called me or remarked on these stories about what they hoped to get or had planned for this significant others on Valentine’s Day. Then there was the drove of folk that called lamenting as to why they were alone today and fearing that they would always be alone.

First Valentine’s Day is just that . . . a day. Although I believe that just like any other day we can take days and make them what they are we put too much power and emphasis on this day.

More importantly, understand that truly when you love someone everyday should be Valentine’s Day!

Although I am currently single, I spent the day remembering my grandmother who died a few years ago and reaching out to those who are important in my life. That’s what you should do as well. Reach out to those in your life who may need a little boost and in turn you boost yourself.

Remember, today is not all about who loves you but more about who you love!

4 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Love the twist on an old favorite! Um, you need to post more!

GI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GI said...

What a great post! It is true that whoever you love can be your Valentine.

B Free said...

This is great. I spent Valentines day at home thinking about my loved ones. I was/am i dunno anymore dating lol but i felt that i needed to take that day and just hibernate for a few before getting to deep. LOL now not so sure it was a great idea but nevertheless i enjoyed my day