Monday, November 05, 2007

I Need to Wrirte . . . . No Really I Need to Write


So I have not blogged in quite a while and you have all gotten on me for that. I will try to do better. One of the reasons is that there are some things that I want to talk about and some things I wish to remain personal. I am working on being able to share more but its like I just gotta have something that is just mine!

First, I gotta say much love my Aunt Sam and Cuz Thumper. The both celebrated birthdays in the last few days. I really wish I could be with them but I will just have to wait until I see them for the holidays.

Aright, I’m sure I will be more substantive issues in my future writings. For now enjoy this poem and a pic of me doing my Halloween thing! Don't forget to check back soon.

Rahman

Feelings
My feelings are proud
Not to be displaced by a mere thought of lexicon
They are my feelings and to me they are my power
I take necessary precautions-
I guard with caution -
Moving not with compulsion I stir my soul
Black pot of power
Boiling and bubbling, holding my past, my present, my destiny
I refuse to hide my feelings
They are foundation for my character
See my feelings,
Feel my feelings
Know you have no power there
For they are my feelings...

--Rahman Johnson, 2003

1 comment:

Darius T. Williams said...

So yea, I'm mad at you.