Monday, November 27, 2006

Yo Blog World I'm Back/Rachelle Farrell is On Point

Hey blog world, I’m back! What you want me to do I’m sorry. Now show me what you got!

Yeah, yeah. I've gotten the e-mails, I've heard all the hating and I'm so sorry it's been such a long time since I've had a chance to actually sit down and blog but I'm happy to be at it again. There have been so many things that I’ve wanted to talk about and things that happen all over the world and in my community and my life so I've got a lot of catching up to do.

First, the shooting of the Senior Citizen in Atlanta. I could not believe that officers shot and killed a 92-year-old woman who was alone in her house. I know older relatives of mine who still have guns. Those relatives I'm sure would have done the same thing that that she did if someone broke into their house in the middle of the night yelling. In some way there seems to be some drugs that were sold from her home earlier that day but it didn't merit the force that was used to enter the house. In fact I believe that the detectives should have investigated the surroundings before making the decision to enter the house. They claimed they had no knowledge that the an 92 year old woman lived there. This is evidence that they didn't do their homework! What's more interesting is that it seems really odd to me that when animals are on the loose we tranquilize them but when Law Enforcement is dealing with people we use deadly force and ask questions later. Something to ponder.

This brings me to my next topic the fiancé that was gunned down in New York. I can't really comment on that story right now until I get all the facts but more and more it looks as if the police have again made a mistake.

Finally, I had a chance to hang out with jazz and R&B wonder Rachelle Farrell. She gave an amazing show at the Ritz Theatre and LaVilla Museum in Jacksonville. Truly her voice is the first instrument and she is one of the most beautiful and intelligent women I have ever met in my life. Since hearing her rich voice I have been a fan of her music and his sensibility. I even love her unique high-pitched laugh which gives her childlike innocence. After the show I had a chance to hang out with Rachelle and really talk to her. I can say for sure that she is on stage just like she is offstage -- DYNAMIC!

There have been so many things that have been floating around in my mind so trust me I'm back and I'll make sure that they are here on my little space in the world. Again, my heartfelt thanks to you for continuing to read my musings.

Light!




7 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

The shooting of the senior citizen has me baffled too.

On the news they said the "mysterious snitch" told the authorities that there were surveyance cameras around the house. This made walking up to the door and knocking a security issue, so they sought a "No Knocking" warrant.

The things they come up with...

Nice to see that you're back.
Hope to see you around my way soon.

Anonymous said...

I like it, thank you. :)


replicas louis vuitton
paycheck cash advance

fax loan payday quick

loan personal quick unsecured

no fax payday advance
payday paycheck loan

advance cash online payday

direct lender loan payday

emergency fax loan no no payday teletrack

home loan calculation

free credit report with 3 score

Bye!

Unknown said...

Great that your back! I adore Rachelle Farrell.... how exciting that you got to meet her... she is one of the wonders of the world who gets no REAL credit for her enormous talent.

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of racial profiling going on right now that's hitting the news. Which is good so we as people can try to put an end to it, but bad because this is happening every where. Police officers are just shooting people because they feel like it and then they cover it up.Whatever happen to tasering people before shooting. I guess that's optional. I thought the whole reason for tasering was to save lifes. The sad thing is police officers don't get punihsed for there actions because they have a badge.
Shooting the senior citizen one can tell me or try to explain to me why that was done. There is some much racism going on that its hard to live at times.
I don't know Rachelle Farrell but to meet someone that you admire is great!

Charismatic One said...

That would be F-E-R-R-E-L-L...and she is some force of nature, isn't she? One of the best souls I've ever had the pleasure of encountering...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see things are going well for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love some Rachelle F. as well. I saw her in concert a few years back with Rahsaan Patterson, Lalah Hathaway,and Ledisi and I agree... she is VERY dynamic!